Monday, January 28, 2008

One Week After Return, Final Thoughts


This winterterm program opened my eyes to the impact of globalization, women's movements and role in economic development, political shifts from an authoritarian regime to a democratically-elected government, Japanese colonial rule and legacies in the post-colonial era, the most important strategic alliance with the US, and American influence in Korea's contemporary society. I plan to incorporate my study abroad experience into my life in College Park and beyond by continuously learning about other cultures and societies, being open-minded in our transforming multi-cultural society, and having the ability to adapt to new things in the age of globalization. As a UMD student, I am grateful for this intellectual, fun, and life-changing experience in my senior year.

What will I miss the most about Korea?

Korean Food




No comments: